Where: NASA Goddard Space Flight Center – Greenbelt, MD
When: January 25 - 29, 2021
A tuition-free course for interpreters, informal educators, and science communicators interested in creating and nurturing regional communities of practice focused on improving climate science communication.
The Earth to Sky Academy is intended for experienced informal educators and climate communication leaders who have a strong commitment to the ETS partnership and to furthering climate literacy within their respective regions.
The purpose of the Academy is to train Regional Leaders who will conduct regional Earth to Sky courses and nurture their own Earth to Sky Regional Community of Practice. Academy content is based on over 15 years of experience and extensive evaluation of the ETS model. Participants will be supported every step of the way, before during and after the course.
Create a network of ETS regional leaders who will:
- Catalyze, nurture, and sustain a regional community of practice of climate science communicators.
- Develop and conduct effective ETS-style professional development events in their region.
- Participate in the ETS Regional Leaders Network to further the mission of ETS.
How to Apply
DUE DATE: August 31, 2020
- Please read the full course announcement
- You must apply as a team of 3 – 5 collaborators. Note that your team must be made up of individuals from a variety of organizations/agencies.
- At least one member of your team must have attended a previous Earth to Sky training event (workshop, course, or mini-course).
- Dates are subject to change due to the pandemic
- Selections will be made by September 18, 2020